Big Data and Government R&D – Turning Overload into Exploitable Information Assets
In March 2012, the White House announced funding for a large new research and development initiative aimed at extracting and exploiting the “knowledge and insights from large and complex collections of digital data to help solve some of the Nation’s most pressing challenges.” This is in addition to numerous ongoing “Big Data” programs that have been initiated across the Federal Government, including Homeland Security, Defense, Intelligence, Education, Energy, Health and Human Services, NASA, and NIST aimed at spurring scientific discovery and innovation.
This outstanding conference brings together the key government and industry experts who are shaping the direction of big data research and development across the Federal Government. They will provide you with an in-depth understanding of Federal agency strategy and plans, the status and forecast for key big data initiatives, and the latest tools and technologies being developed to exploit the massive amounts of information being collected at the Federal level.
- What are the most recent lessons learned from the commercial world?
- What applications are being developed for homeland security and intelligence analysis?
- What is the promise of health data analytics for developing new approaches to population health management, generating informatics-based treatments to major diseases, and coordinating response to public health crises?
- How is large-scale analytics being applied to ease overload for our warfighters?
- What is the analytic basis for the next-generation of energy capabilities?
- What role are new tools, techniques, and technologies – predictive analytics, cloud computing, metadata, etc. – playing in making big data analytics at the Federal level a reality? What role can industry play?
These and many other critical questions will be examined during this outstanding two-day event.
Over 25 Experts in 2 days from DoD, NASA, DOC, DHS, DOE, NIST, DHHS, GSA, VA, NITRD, RATB, Lockheed Martin, IBM, Microsoft, SAIC, Harris, Oracle, Teradata, Verizon, Elder, Femme Comp, Modus Operandi, and RITRE examine:
- The Latest Federal Government Agency Strategies, Policies, Plans and Initiatives
- Identifying High-Value Missions and Applications in Defense, Homeland Security, Intelligence, Healthcare, Energy, Earth Observation … and more!
- Flexibility, Scalability and Security Issues and Solutions
- Using The Latest Tools and Technologies – Predictive Analytics, Semantics, Cloud, Metadata, etc.
- BDA Implementation: Collection, Processing, Management and Dissemination Strategies and Techniques
- BDA in the Enterprise Architecture
Holiday Inn Rosslyn at Key Bridge
1900 North Fort Myer Drive,
Arlington, VA 22209
Tel: (703) 807-2000)
(Mention “Technology Training” for a special room rate)
Attendee accommodations must be arranged directly with the hotel.
Speakers for Government Big Data Conference include:
- Dr. Sasi Pillay, Chief Technology Officer, Office of the CIO, NASA
- Dr. Kirit Amin D, Deputy Chief Information Officer, DOC
- Mr. Michael Simcock, Chief Data Architect, DHS
- Mr. David Muntz, Principal Deputy National Coordinator, ONC/HIT, HHS
- Mr. Shawn Kingsberry, Chief Information Officer, Recovery Accountability & Transparency Board
- Mr. Johan Bos-Beijer, Director of Strategic Solutions and Senior Advisor, GSA
- Mr. Keith Bryars, Client Executive, Federal Law Enforcement & National Security, Harris; former Senior Executive Special Agent, FBI
- Mr. Mark Krzysko, Deputy Director, Acquisition Resources and Analysis, OUSD/AT&L
- Mr. Damon Davis, Director, Health Data Initiative, HHS
- Mr. Wo Chang, Digital Data Advisor, IT Laboratory & Co-Chair, Big Data Public Working Group, NIST
- Dr. David Wollman, Deputy Director, Smart Grid and Cyber-Physical Systems Program Office, NIST
- Dr. Augie Turano, Information Technology Director, VINCI, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Mr. Kelly Fahey, Senior Data Architect, Information Sharing Environment, DHS
- Dr. Randy Garrett, Program Manager, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Dr. Jeanne Holm, Evangelist, data.gov, General Services Administration
- Ms. Wendy Wigen, Co-Chair, Big Data Senior Steering Group, NITRD
- Mr. Tom Conway, Senior Engineer, NV/RSTA, PEO-IEW&S, US Army
- Dr. Ceren Susut, Physical Scientist, Office of Science, Department of Energy
- Mr. Bill Franks, Chief Analytics Officer, Teradata
- Mr. Frank Stein, Director, Analytics Solution Center, IBM
- Dr. Nancy Grady, Technical Fellow, Data Science, SAIC
- Mr. Wilco van Ginkel, Strategist, Verizon Enterprise Solutions; Co-Chair, CSA Big Data Working Group
- Mr. Aaron Burciago, Senior Research Scientist, Elder Research; former Head Analyst/Director, Logistics Operations Analysis Office, HQ USMC
- Ms. Caron Kogan, Strategic Planning Director-Big Data, Lockheed Martin
- Mr. Gerard Christman, Senior Systems Engineer, Femme Comp Inc.; Contractor, DoD/CIO
- Dr. Eric Little, Vice President/Chief Scientist, Modus Operandi
- Mr. Ted Malone, Big Data Architecture Lead, Microsoft Federal
- Mr. Tom Plunkett, Big Data Evangelist, Oracle Public Sector
- Mr. Joseph Fargnoli, Senior Fellow, The RITRE Corporation