AFSEC 14 is a high-level security summit bringing together senior diplomatic, defence and law-enforcement professionals in order to share best practice and champion greater regional integration and cooperation. The conference supports, and seeks to contribute to, a unified response to maritime insecurity as the most effective way to disrupt and dismantle transnational organised crime, combat illicit flows, and fight terrorism.
The conference will push for the implementation of the ECOWAS Integrated Maritime Strategy signed in June 2013 and the Gulf of Guinea Code of Conduct. The Focus Day deals with Transnational Organised Crime and serves to provide strategic notice on the global nature of the threats faced while facilitating discussion in a whole-of-society forum aimed at developing innovative solutions.
By convening this conference of senior representatives from Africa and international partners, AFSEC 14 creates the opportunity to discuss regional maritime security in the context of international security concerns with the ambition of promoting security cooperation and information sharing.
Key Benefits of Attending AFSEC 14
- Shape the debate on how to counter existing and emerging threats in complex security environments including the Gulf of Guinea and trans-Atlantic cocaine route
- Meet senior officials and hear their candid views on domestic and regional security challenges including advancing the implementation of the ECOWAS Integrated Maritime Strategy
- Develop comprehensive awareness of the international security capacity building initiatives currently active in the region involving more than 20 nations
- Share knowledge, strategies and solutions to providing affordable and persistent maritime domain awareness and interdiction of suspect targets
- Debate the benefits and operational challenges of regional information and intelligence sharing in the area of maritime security and law-enforcement
"Great event. Congratulations!"
José Manuel Pérez-Pujazón, Deputy Executive Vice President, Defence, Indra
"Surpassed our expectations...definitely sponsor again in 2014."
Yorgo Hernandez, Director of Business Development, Americas Region, OCEA
"CABSEC really exceeded our expectations...the most interesting conference that we have Attended"
Alejandro Martínez Recasens, Sales Director, Americas, Tecnam MRI
"Great panel of conference speakers...huge success for us...very valuable...look forward to being a part of it next year."
Lucas von Fedak, Sales Support Manager, Aviaservice
Venue & Accommodation
Place des Nations Unies, Casablanca,
Phone: + 212 5 22 43 1234
Fax: +212 5 22 43 1334
Travel and accommodation are not included in the registration fee. However a number of discounted bedrooms have been reserved at the Hyatt Regency Casablanca. Please contact Fatiha Tilioui (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the hotel directly on Tel: + 212 522.43.1202 and quote booking reference IQPC to receive your discounted rate, prices start from MAD 1900 including taxes and breakfast. There is limited availability so we do encourage attendees to book early to avoid disappointment.
- H.E. Ambassador Ladji Meïté, Director of Geopolitical and Strategic Analyses, Ivorian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Lieutenant General Soumaïla Bakayoko, Chief of Defence Staff, Armed Forces of Côte d’Ivoire
- Lieutenant General Ousman Bargie, Chief of Defence Staff, The Gambian Armed Forces
- Vice Admiral Mathew Quashie, Chief of Defence Staff, Ghana Armed Forces
- Vice Admiral Charles Henri du Ché, Admiral International Relations and Partnerships, French Navy HQ
- Vice Admiral (R) Jean-Marie Van Huffel, Special Advisor to the Secretary General for the Sea, Office of the French Prime Minister
- Major General Samuel Omaru Williams, Chief of Defence Staff, Republic of Sierra Leone Armed Forces
- Major General Suraj A. Abdurrahman, Chief of Defence Staff, Armed Forces of Liberia
- Rear Admiral Cheikh Bara Cissoko, Chief of Naval Staff, Senegalese Navy
- Rear Admiral Jean Mendoua, Chief of Naval Staff, Cameroon Navy
- Brigadier General Abalo Kadangha, Chief of Defence Staff, Togolese Armed Forces
- Vice Admiral Dele Joseph Ezeoba, Chief of Naval Staff, Nigerian Navy
- Rear Admiral Flavio Rocha, Deputy Head of Strategy, General Staff, Brazilian Navy
- Rear Admiral Hanno Teuteberg, Chief Director, Maritime Strategy, South African Navy
- Brigadier (R) Antero Matos, National Security Adviser and former Chief of Defence, Government of Cape Verde
- Brigadier Guy Pierre Garcia, Deputy Secretary General, Human Integration, Peace, Security and Stability, ECCAS
- Colonel Abdoulrahmane Dieng, Head of Regional Security Division, ECOWAS
- Colonel Abdelhakim Touati, Representing the Chief of Naval Staff, Algerian Navy
- Pierre St Hilaire, Assistant Director & Head of the Maritime Security Sub-Directorate, INTERPOL
- Chris Humphrey, Senior Specialist, Operational Coordination Centre, EUROPOL
- Frank Francis, Director, Maritime Analysis and Operations Centre – Narcotics
- Hank Cole, Head of Europe and Africa, NCA - International
- Dr. Carlos Alexandre Reis, Head Director of The Judicial Police, Cape Verde Republic
- H.E. Ambassador Rupert Joy, Head of the EU Delegation to the Kingdom of Morocco, European External Action Service
- Peteris Ustubs, Director for West and Central Africa and Sahel Coordinator, European External Action Service
- Robert Kempf, Chief Operations Officer, Office of the Special Advisor on Human Smuggling and Illegal Migration, Government of Canada Privy Council Office
- Neil Brennan, Chief of Staff, Office of the Special Advisor on Human Smuggling and Illegal Migration, Government of Canada Privy Council Office
- David Sobyra, Director for Regional Counternarcotics Programs, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Counternarcotics and Global Threats, Department of Defense
- David Luna, Senior Director, National Security and Diplomacy, Office of Anti-Crime Programs, INL, U.S. Department of State
- Alain Michel Luvambano, Secretary General, MOWCA
- Chris Trelawny, Deputy Director, Marine Safety Division, International Maritime Organisation
- Dr. Rob Mclaughlin, Senior Expert Advisor on Counter Piracy and Maritime Crime, UNODC
- Timothy Manhire, Team Leader, EU SEACOP Programme
- Johan Obdola, Director, International Organization for Security and Intelligence
- Tuesday Reitano, Secretariat, Global Initiative against Transnational Organised Crime
- Vijaya Souri, Immigration & Border Management Specialist IOM Regional Office for West And Central Africa
- Comfort Ero, Africa Program Director, International Crisis Group