Welcome to the Homeland Security Congress
Our Homeland Security Congress is the nation’s premier conference for discussing the challenges and opportunities in protecting the USA and its citizens. With topics ranging from border management to disaster preparedness to cyber security, Homeland Security Congress is the conference for solution providers, academics and government personnel who will have a say in the future of our Homeland Security efforts.
Join us this year as we welcome government presenters from:
- Customs and Border Protection
- Transportation Security Administration
- US Coast Guard
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- DHS Science and Technology Directorate
Attendees will have the opportunity to examine future trends, identify immediate and long-term needs, and uncover up-and-coming technologies for use in critical areas of the homeland security mission. Homeland Security is an area of constant innovation and transition and IDGA’s Homeland Security Congress is a unique opportunity to learn from the decision-makers in charge and share your perspectives and solutions!
Venue & Accommodation
Hilton Crystal City
2399 Jefferson Davis Highway
22202, United States
Conveniently located next to Reagan National Airport, the Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport hotel is the perfect base to see the sights of the USA’s capital city. The national monuments, government agencies and museums are accessible via the Metro located within walking distance from this Arlington, VA hotel. Ride the complimentary shuttle bus daily between the hotel and Reagan National Airport (DCA), the Crystal City Metro station, nearby shopping, restaurants and businesses.
Stay fit in the 24-hour fully equipped fitness center, swim laps in the heated, indoor rooftop pool or simply relax on the calming sundeck. Upgrade to an executive room for access to the Executive Lounge with daily continental breakfast and evening reception.
The Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport is conveniently located within walking distance of the Crystal City Metro station. Visit the White House, Smithsonian, Washington Monument, and Jefferson and Lincoln Memorials during your stay. Discover the heritage of the USA at the National Archives and take a tour of the Pentagon. View The Holocaust Memorial and the Dr.Martin Luther King Jr. memorial. Attend a conference or event at Washington Convention Center. Stroll around or take a guided tour of Theodore Roosevelt Island, one of the President’s greatest legacies. Meet the animals at the Washington National Zoo.
Group Rate - $224 plus 13% per night
Please identify you are part of the IDGA – Homeland Security Congress group to ensure the special rate, based on availability. Note that you are eligible for this rate three days prior and three days post the event based on availability. Please make your reservation before April 4, 2014 in order to ensure you are eligible for the group rate.
Reservations Telephone: 1 (800) 695-7551
- Michael Fisher, Chief, U.S. Border Patrol
- A.T. Smith, Deputy Director, U.S. Secret Service
- Mr. Peter Fonash, Cyber Security Chief Technology Officer, Department of Homeland Security,
- CAPT Melissa Bert, Chief, Maritime and International Law Division, U.S. Coast Guard
- Adam Cox, Acting Director, Homeland Security Advanced Research Projects Agency
- Amy Clymer, Program Development, Science and Technology Directorate, U.S. Northern Command
- Chip Fulghum, Chief Financial Officer, Department of Homeland Security
- John Streufert, Director, Federal Network Resilience, Department of Homeland Security
- John Appleby, Program Manager, Science and Technology Directorate, Department of Homeland Security
- Bill Braniff, Executive Director, National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism
- Shawn Lapinski, Director of Communications, DHS Joint Wireless Program Office
- Ray Ragone, Manager, HSIN Outreach and Mission Integration, Department of Homeland Security
- Edwin Bundy, Program Manager, TWSG IDD Subgroup and EOD/LIC Program
- Bruce Davidson, Director, Office of the SAFETY ACT Implementation
- Kevin Boshears, Director, Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Eileen Larence, Director, Homeland Security Issues, Government Accountability Office