As the role of technology becomes increasingly prevalent in modern warfare the employment of space as a medium from which to conduct operations has grown. The utilisation of satellites is increasingly underpinning the efficacy of this technology; through GPS data facilitating the targeting of artillery and guidance of missiles and aiding in navigation and mapping; to signals, from long- range communications down to increasingly mobile deplyable systems; through to ISR and ICBM defence.
Our 9th annual Military Space conference will bring together leading experts in the field of space technology, from global navigation satellite systems, space based ISR and missile defence. Hear over twenty up-to-date presentations from an international panel of speakers and learn how the militarisation of space is evolving; including civil-military cooperation, utilisation of space data, US and European approaches to space operations and the future challenges in doing so.
Here are just a few key benefits of Military Space to you:
- Explore the latest advances in ballistic missile defence, high frequency communication, ISR and earth imaging
- Discuss the utilisation of civilian/military dual-use systems and how this can benefit both parties
- Hear an update on Geospatial systems from the Austrian’s Armed Forces’ Brigadier General Friedrich Teichmann, Director, Geospatial
- Analyse the issues surrounding cyber security in space and satellite systems
- Hear new nations to MilSpace this year including Nigeria, South Africa and Italy
- Gain a perspective of Military Space from a smaller country from Lieutenant Colonel Vincent Lengkeek, Branch Chief, ISTAR and Space, Royal Netherlands Air Force
- Develop an understanding of challenges with maritime time domain awareness faced by the Nigerian Armed Forces and how they combat them
- Hear from the Italian navy about their LTE solutions from Commander Gabellone, Head of Systems Management Department, Italian Navy CIS Rome Centre
- Brigadier General Friedrich Teichmann, Director, Geospatial Department, Austrian Armed Forces
- Brigadier General Ian Fordred, General Officer Commanding, Command and Management Information Systems Support Foundation, South African National Defence Force
- Captain Alexandre Clairin, CNGF, CIRISI Maisons-Laffitte, French Ministry of Defence
- Charlotte Mathieu, EU Relations Office, European Space Agency
- Colonel Franck Scher, Chief Preparation for the Future, Joint Space Command
- Commander Amleto Gabellone, Head of Systems Management Department, Italian Navy CIS Rome Centre
- Commodore Christian Anuge, Defence Communications, Nigerian Navy
- David Neyland, Associate Director, Office of Global Research, Global, Office of Naval Research Global
- Dr. Eva Bernhardsdotter, Space Programme Manager, FMV (Swedish Defence Material Administration)
- Dr. Ing. Martin Hellmann, Program Coordination Security Research, DLR - German Aerospace Center
- Dr. Kristofer Hallgren, Analyst, Defence Analysis, FOI Swedish Defence Research Agency
- Guilhem Penent, IFRI Space Policy Program, Institute for strategic research of “École Militaire” (IRSEM)
- Howard Farr, VP Government and NGO Sales, Signalhorn GmbH
- Jaisha Wray, Political Officer, US Embassy
- Kenneth Israel (Ret), Senior Vice President, Burdeshaw Associates
- Lieutenant Colonel Vincent Lengkeek, Branch Chief, ISTAR and Space, Royal Netherlands Air Force
- Luca Del Monte, Security Strategy Officer, European Space Agency
- Major Brad Green, Unmanned Aircraft Systems Ofifcer, United States Marine Corps
- Major Steffen Neumann, Space SME- C4ISR Space, JAPCC
- Pascal Legai, Deputy Director, European Union Satellite Centre
- Squadron Leader David Davenport, Officer Commanding, UK Space Operations Coordination Centre, Royal Air Force
- Ulf Haeussler, Counsellor, German Ministry of Defence
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.
The conference agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
Holiday Inn Regents Park
W1W 5EE England