Exploiting the Cloud for Defense, Intelligence and Homeland Security
The federal government has embarked on an ambitious plan to transform IT acquisition and management, with a goal of instituting cloud computing in every federal agency to provide on-demand access to a shared pool of configurable resources that can be quickly established and quickly dismantled. The savings in DoD, IC, and DHS IT spending could total more than twenty percent of operational costs, but there are risks, especially in maintaining security and assurance of services in highly mission critical business and tactical applications.
This conference brings together the key management and technical experts who are making cloud computing a reality for defense, intelligence, and homeland security. Among the many critical questions to be addressed:
- What are DoD, IC, and DHS plans for cloud migration?
- What are the key infrastructure, architectural and personnel challenges?
- How are critical cybersecurity challenges impacting cloud deployment?
- Business vs. tactical applications – what’s different, what’s similar?
- Dedicated, hybrid and multi-cloud models – what are the opportunities and challenges?
- What are the lessons learned from early implementations?
- What is the status and forecast for emerging cloud standards?
- How do you choose the right applications and service delivery mechanisms?
- What are the vendor opportunities?
- How are cloud and “big data” capabilities merging?
These and many other critical questions will be examined during this outstanding two-day event.
Over 20 Top Experts from DISA, OASD/R&E, Joint Staff, DON/CIO, USAF/A6, Army G-6, NGA, DoD/CIO, USMC/CIO, DHS, GSA, AFRL, NIST, HP, Dell, Amazon, Leidos, Veris, and WSO2 examine:
- DoD, IC and DHS Strategies, Plans, Needs and Opportunities
- Migration Strategies and Emerging Lessons Learned
- Architecture and Infrastructure Challenges and Potential Solutions
- Deploying Cloud to the Mobile, Tactical Edge
- Hybrid and Multi-Cloud Integration
- Cyber Security Challenges and Cloud Resiliency
- Leveraging the Cloud/Big Data Convergence Cloud for Defense, Intelligence and Homeland Security
Who You Will Meet
- Presidents/Vice Presidents
- Sr. Directors
- Directors, IT
- Directors, Information Systems
- Directors, Intelligence
- Directors, Enterprise Solutions
- Directors, Business Development
- Directors, Advanced Programs
- Program Directors
- Chief Sales Executives
- Chief Architects
- Technical Architects
- Chief Engineers
- Sr. Engineers
- Engagement Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Sr. Managers, Federal Accounts
- Sales Directors
- Principle Scientists
- Software Engineers
- Account Managers
- Program Managers
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
- Commanding Officers
- Technology Officers
- Managers of Network Operations
- Managers of Network Security
- Sr. Data Scientists
- Data Space Engineers
- Research Engineers
- Systems Analysts
- Information Assurance Officers
- Information Protection Specialists
- Intel Evaluators
- Engineering Leads
- Operations Managers
Sheraton Pentagon City
900 S. Orme Street
Arlington, VA 22204
Tel: (703) 521-1900 or (800) 325-3535
(Mention “Technology Training” for a special room rate)
Attendee accommodations must be arranged directly with the hotel.
- MR. TERRY HALVORSEN, Chief Information Officer, US Navy
- MR. MARTIN WESTPHAL, Vice Director, C4, Joint Staff/J6
- MR. JOHN WILMER, Technical Director, PEO-GES, DISA
- MR. FRANK KONIECZNY, Chief Technology Officer, Information Dominance, US Air Force
- CW5 RICHARD PINA, Chief Technology Officer, G-6, US Army
- MR. SHISHU GUPTA, Director, NSG Integration, NGA
- MR. KEITH TRIPPIE, Executive Director, Enterprise Development Office, DHS
- MR. JAYMIE DURNAN, Senior Advisor, OASD/R&E
- MR. ROB VIETMEYER, Director, Enterprise Services and Integration, DoD CIO
- MR. KEN BIBLE, Chief Technical Advisor, Office of the CIO, US Marine Corps
- MR. ROBERT ZITZ, Vice President & Chief Systems Architect, Leidos
- MR. STAN KACZMARCZYK, Acting Director, Strategic Solutions and Security Services, GSA
- MR. JOHN WOODRUFF, Program Manager, Information Directorate, AFRL
- DR. MICHAELA IORGA, Senior Security Technical Lead for Cloud Computing, NIST
- MR. RICHARD KUHN, Computer Scientist, Computer Security Division, NIST
- MR. JOE JARZOMBEK, Director, Software Assurance & Supply Chain Risk, DHS
- DR. KEN BEDFORD, Chief Technologist, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services
- MR. JEFFREY LUSH, Chief Technology Officer, Dell Services Federal Government
- MR. TIM BIXLER, Federal Manager, Solutions Architecture, Amazon Web Services
- MR. DOUG GREISE, Founder/Principal, Veris Group
- MR. ADAM FIRESTONE, Director, Solutions, WSO2 Federal Systems, Inc.
Related Market Research on ASDReports