Securing the U.S - Mexico Border with Tactical Strategies and Technologies
Today, the U.S. is faced with non-traditional challenges and irregular opponents who work in the shadows and choose not to fight on the battlefields of the past. They choose to exploit our weaknesses in defense and homeland security, of which our Nationís borders play an enormous role. Various government agencies have chosen to work together to exchange information, share vital resources, and define the way forward to strengthen border management and security.
Our 5th Annual Border Management Southwest will bring together military and government personnel for DHS, DoD, CBP, ICE, FBI, USCG, US Army and more to discuss the most pressing issues facing the Department of Homeland Security, from efforts to build new partnerships to modernizing security capabilities. Policy makers, uniformed service leaders, law enforcement and industry partners will gather in San Diego, CA to network, share best practices and explore potential paths to fortify the United States border.
This 4-Day Training Forum will Discuss:
- Current and future requirements of U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- New capabilities and technologies for border surveillance, safety, and security
- Deterring, disrupting and defeating transnational criminal organizations
- Best practices for coordinated intelligence integration and information sharing
- Increasing the roles of DoJ, DoD, DoS, and local law enforcement along the southwest border
ďU.S. Customs and Border Protection officers and agents are the frontline, the guardians of the Nationís borders."
David Aguilar, Acting Commissioner, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Venue & Accommodation
DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San Diego
14455 Penasquitos Drive
San Diego, California
92129, United States
Experience a fantastic golf resort in San Diego at the DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San Diego hotel. Enjoy a warm welcome at this friendly and inviting hotel when greeted with our delicious chocolate chip cookie upon arrival. Conveniently located less than 25 minutes north of San Diego International Airport (SAN), the hotel offers a contemporary hideaway in the foothills of the striking Black Mountains. Set amongst rolling hills, palms trees and green fairways, our resort in San Diego is located just off the 15 and 56 freeways. For business travelers, we are minutes from several large corporations in the Rancho Bernardo area. For leisure guests, we are centrally located to popular San Diego attractions. Enjoy an excellent range of recreational activities to keep the whole family entertained. Practice your swing on our Troon Managed 18-hole golf course, play a game of tennis or swim in one of our two outdoor pools. Work out in a fitness center offering free weights, classes and a lap pool.
Savor a delicious meal at Mulliganís Sports Lounge while admiring stunning views of the golf course. Relax in a stylish and spacious guest room and enjoy beautiful views from your private balcony or patio. Host a meeting or event in one of our various indoor/outdoor spaces, or make use of our onsite business center. Our DoubleTree by Hilton resort in San Diego is committed to delivering the exceptional service that youíve come to expect.
Group Rate: $129 plus 12.5% per night
Please identify you are part of the IDGA Ė Border Southwest group to ensure the special rate, based on availability. Note that you are eligible for this rate three day prior and three days post the event, based on availability. Book your room prior to April 25, 2014 to ensure you receive the group rate.
Reservations Phone: 800-486-5315The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
- Major General Randolph Alles, Assistant Commissioner, Office of Air and Marine, US Customs and Border Protection
- David Azuelo, Commanding Officer, City of Tucson Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security
- Derek Benner, Special Agent in Charge, San Diego Immigration and Customs Enforcement, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Douglas Coleman, Special Agent in Charge, Phoenix Division, US Drug Enforcement Administration
- Sydney Crockett, West Region Director, Office of Intelligence and Analysis, US Department of Homeland Security
- James Dinkins, Executive Associate Director, Homeland Security Investigations, US Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Christopher Dishman, Director, Southwest Region, US Department of Homeland Security
- Eric Harden, Assistant Special Agent in Charge, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives Los Angeles, US Department of Justice
- CDR (PAC-35LE) Troy Hosmer, Chief, Maritime Security and Law Enforcement, U.S. Coast Guard
- Logan Huffman, Assistant Waterborne Security Officer, Seattle, U.S. Coast Guard
- Commander Jeffrey Janszen, Deputy Sector Commander, Sector San Diego, U.S. Coast Guard
- Sergeant II Kirk Kahoe, Assistant Watch Commander, LAPD Mission Area, Los Angeles Police Department
- John Kelly, Maritime Law Enforcement Instructor, USCG Maritime Law Enforcement Academy, U.S. Coast Guard
- Ms. Sylvia Longmire, Former Intelligence Analyst & USAF Special Agent, SME
- Robert Narvaez, Federal Officer (Ret.), Counter-Terrorism Training, US Coast Guard
- Brock Nicholson, Special Agent in Charge Atlanta, Homeland Security Investigations, US ICE, US Department of Homeland Security
- Jim Piatt, Trainer, Anti-Terrorism and Border Security, US Departments of State and Defense
- Rear Admiral Karl Schultz, Commander, 11th District, U.S. Coast Guard
- Kevin Smith, Field Operations Supervisor, Arizona Border Patrol, US Customs and Border Patrol
- Mark Weidhase, Director, AMOC Law Enforcement, US Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- William Wellman, National Targeting and Security Specialist, National Rail Targeting Unit/NTC-Cargo, US Customs and Border Protection
- Robert Wells, Director, Education and Training, Maritime Law Enforcement Academy DC
- John Woods, Assistant Director, US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, US Department of Homeland Security
- Bernard Zapor, Special Agent in Charge, Phoenix, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives