DoD/VA Healthcare 2014 will cover the topics most pertinent to you, our DoD and VA audience members. This year's conference will provide a forum for various military branches and their VA counterparts to discuss best practices for the treatment of patients and exchange ideas with industry leaders.
We realize budgets are tight and time is precious, so DoD/VA Healthcare will cover all the main issues DoD and VA medical professionals are currently tackling in one four day period so attendees will be able to learn and network across multiple medical disciplines and come away with new partnerships and increased knowledge of the topics discussed.
DoD/VA Healthcare 2014 is all about progress, so throughout the program we will feature case studies on the newest research and development of military and veteran healthcare. This year, we will also take an in depth look at four areas of growth in military and veteran healthcare during our pre and post conference workshops. We'll not only look at what's currently important to the DoD and VA, but also what's important for the future of military healthcare.
"DoD is always out in front of technology and challenges, so hearing where things are going helps us all head in right direction."
Elizabeth George, Philips Healthcare
"Nothing better than networking w/all branches of the Military/VA & overseas foreign military."
Rebecca Tapia, ALM VA Hospital
"Excellent discussions on hot DoD/VA optics."
Dianne Miller, HMHS
"Excellent networking opportunity, with cutting edge presentations."
Stephanie Dove, Phoenix VAMC
Venue & Accommodation
Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
200 East Market Street
San Antonio, Texas
78205, United States
Phone: (210) 207-8500
Hilton Palacio del Rio
200 South Alamo Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
The Hilton Palacio del Rio San Antonio hotel is perfectly located on the River Walk in downtown San Antonio. We are across the street from the San Antonio Convention Center and only two blocks from the Alamo. The Hilton Palacio del Rio San Antonio Riverwalk hotel offers superior service, extensive guest amenities and is the only downtown San Antonio hotel that features a private balcony in every room. This San Antonio River Walk hotel is adjacent to La Villita, the original settlement of San Antonio, next to the Arneson River Theatre and across the street from HemisFair Park and the Tower of Americas.
Government Rate - $110 plus 6% state, 9% city and 1.75% county taxes per night
Corporate Rate - $159 plus 6% state, 9% city and 1.75% county taxes per night
Please identify you are part of the IDGA-DoD/VA Healthcare event to ensure the special rate. Note that you are eligible for this rate one day prior and one day post the event based on availability.
Reservations Telephone – 1-800-HILTONS
Please make your reservation before April 25, 2014 in order to ensure you are eligible for the group rate.
- Alice Aiken PhD, Director, Canadian Institute for Military and Veteran Health Research
- Khalid Barazanji, Chief, Airworthiness Certification & Evaluation Branch, US Army Aeromedical Research Laboratory
- D. Michele Basso EdD, PT, Professor and Director of Research, Associate Director School of Health and Rehabilitation Science, Ohio State University
- Andrea Behrman PhD, PT, FAPTA, Professor, Department of Neurological Surgery, Director, Pediatric NeuroRecovery Program, Kentucky Spinal Cord Injury Research Center
- Amy Bowles MD, Chief, Brain Injury Rehabilitation Service, San Antonio Military Medical Service
- CPT Robert Campbell, Chief, Medical Informatics, Brooke Army Medical Center
- LTC Jurandir Dallelucca, Physician, Brooke Army Medical Center
- COL Richard Evans, Assistant Deputy Commander for Nursing, Brooke Army Medical Center
- Tamara Funari, Chief Nurse, Brooke Army Medical Center
- Robert Gussenhoven PharmD, Chief Science Officer, DermaTran Health Solutions
- Miriam Hammerle PT, Physical Therapist, Brain Injury Rehabilitation Service, Brooke Army Medical Center
- MSG Jennifer Loredo, Comprehensive Soldier and Family Fitness, United States Army
- David Muntz, CIO, GetWellNetwork, Former Principal Deputy Director, Office of the National Coordinator on Health IT
- Bradley Nindl, Science Advisor, Army Institute of Public Health
- Phiroz Tarapore, Staff Neurosurgeon, VA Medical Center, San Francisco
- Marcia Valenstein MD, Physician, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
- Craig Velozo PhD, OTR, Professor and Division Director, Department of Occupational Therapy, Medical University of South Carolina
- Herbert Wolfe, Director, Policy Planning Institute, US Department of Health and Human Services
- LTC Jeff Yarvis, Chief, Family Behavioral Health Sciences, Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center