Learn about the technologiesthat deliver cutting-edge capability to the US Armed Forces:
- Thermal Imaging
- Advanced Censoring
- Enhanced Infrared
- Unmanned AerialSystems
- COTI Devices
- Open ArchitectureSystems, and more
This year's event will look at:
- Advancements in thermal imaging capabilities and their applicability to new realms of asymmetrical warfare
- Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and Air Force night vision capabilities
- Partnership opportunities between government, industry, and academia
- Adapting night vision technology to complement existing/up-and-coming commercial applications
- Developments in the field of unmanned areal systems and a discussion from one of six approved FAA launch sites
- Benefits available to the United States from a well established international presence in night vision research
Venue & AccommodationDoubleTree by Hilton – Crystal City
300 Army Navy Drive, Arlington, Virginia
22202, United States
Expect stunning US capital views from the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel -Crystal City. Located in the Crystal City neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia, our full-service hotel offers a skyline panorama that includes the Washington Monument and the Potomac River.
Discover different perspectives from the Skydome Lounge, Windows Over Washington restaurant, the fitness center, and guest and meeting rooms. Indulge in the signature DoubleTree cookie, our welcoming gift to you. Linger over a cocktail from the Skydome or the sky-lit lobby bar. Pair a fine wine with American cuisine at Windows Over Washington or choose between Café Go and the Café Restaurant. Work out using our well-equipped fitness center and indoor heated pool that is open year-round and features stunning views of the Pentagon and Washington DC. Request a PURE® allergy friendly room or suite. Enjoy movies and games with a late snack from in-room dining. Take advantage of free internet in the lobby and kiosks. Internet access in guest accommodations and meeting rooms is available for a nominal fee.
Enjoy a stroll to the Pentagon or Crystal Drive Office Park for a business meeting or go to the Crystal Underground Shopping Center to find a souvenir. Take a ride on the complimentary hotel shuttle to Pentagon City Metro light rail station for a day of sightseeing or to Ronald Reagan National Airport for your flight home.
Group Rate: $224 + 13% tax per each night
Please identify you are part of the “IDGA – Night Vision” group to ensure the special rate. Note that you are eligible for this rate three day prior and three days post the event, based on availability. Book your room prior to June 28, 2014 to ensure you receive the group rate, based on availability.
Reservations Telephone: 1-800-222-8733The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
- Thirimachos Bourlai Ph.D, Director, Multispectral Imagery Lab, West Virginia University
- Thomas Conway, Project Manager of NVRSTA, Night Vision Reconnaissance Surveillance, US Army
- Nibir Dhar Ph.D, Program Manager, Microsystems Technology Office, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- Dr. Joseph Estrera, Senior VP & Chief Technology Officer, L-3 Electro-Optical Systems
- Gerald Fraser, Chief, Sensor Sciences Division, National Institute of Standards anf Technology
- Ruth Jackson, Division Chief, Night Vision, Vehicles and Vessels Directorate of Trade Controls, U.S. Department of State
- Ryan Kresse, PM Optics Systems Engineer, Marine Corps Systems Command
- Linda Marchese Ph.D, Research Scientist, National Institute of Optics
- David Shelton Ph.D, President/CEO, Plasmonics Inc.
- Dr. Kevin Kochersberger, Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Tech
- Michael Thomas Ph.D, Applied Physics Laboratory, John Hopkins University
- Glenn Boreman, Director of Physics and Optical Science, University of North Carolina
- Dr. Joshua Borneman, Electro-Optic Technology Division Chief Engineer, Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division
- Matt Thurner, Maritime Platform Electro Optics Section Manager, Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division
- Kevin Leonard, Physicist, NVESD
- Lan Yang, Professor of Photonics, Washington University
- Thomas Svensson, Senior Scientist, Swedish Defense Research Laboratory
- Igor Ternovskiy, Senior Physicist, Air Force Research Laboratory
- John Franks, Global Technology Director, Umicore Electro-Optics