This is your oppurtunity to discuss and network with MoD's from across the world and key military institutions such as the U.S Army, Royal British Legion and NATO. Understand the latest instrumental uses of social media, including its integral role in recruitment, operations, audience engagement and crisis management.
Social media is an essential part of modern communication and it is a conversation that is essential to the military and defence sector. This conference promises to give your organisation the tools and knowledge necessary to excel in this field of communication. The latest technological developments, strategic applications and cutting edge case studies will be explored by experts in the field.
Understand the indispensable strategic role of social media in modern military and defence communications
Benefits of AttendingThe conference agenda draws together communication and social media experts from national armies, top MoD's, and leading private defence companies.
The comprehensive knowledge provided by this conference will equip any military and defence professional with the essential information, tools and skills to implement an outstanding social media communication strategy.
- Interact with excelling MoD's, national armies and private defence companies who are shaping the social media landscape
- Understand the evoling role of social media in operations, crisis communication and open source intelligence
- Examine the latest cutting edge case studies into gamification, policy influence and monitoring live conflicts
- Analyse the latest technological platforms + innovations and how they enhance social media interaction
Plus Two Interactive Half-Day Post-Conference Workshops | 19th November
- A: Creating and Maintaining a Sustainable Social Media Presence within the Defence Environment
08.30 - 12.30
Hosted by: Andrew Morton (Lieutenant Colonel Ret’d), Director of Social Engagement, SHRM
- B: Strategic Review: Threats and Opportunities in Social Media
Hosted by: Philip Trippenbach, Account Director, Strategic Innovation, Edelman Digital
Emil Madsen, Digital Planner, Strategy Team, Edelman Digital
SVPA, (Head of Communications)
"Excellent line up of speakers and topics."
RAF (Information Officer)
"There were many fascinating presentations."
Ministry of Defence, Singapore (Executive)
VenueMarriott Hotel, Regents Park
128 King Henry's Road
London, NW3 3ST
United KingdomThe agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
- Andrew Morton, Director of Social Engagement, SHRM
- April Deibert, Program Manager, CTP Inc - West Africa Regional Training Center, In support of the U.S Department of State
- Cathy Milhoan, Director, Department of Defense Social Media
- Chris Stace, Project Officer Information Management and NEC, European Defence Agency
- Dana Manescu, Head of Sector, Social Media, European Commission
- Dominic Nutt, Director, CNC Ltd
- DScnMil Mika Kalliomaa, Director of Communications, Finnish Defence Forces
- Erik Lagersten, Director, Communication and Public Affairs, Swedish Armed Forces
- Fredrik Johnsen, Communications Advisor, Norwegian National Security Authority
- Jeremy Greaves, Head of Communications, Airbus Group
- John Neilson, Director of Communications, EMEA, Lockheed Martin
- Liz Azyan, Digital Consultant, LGEOResearch
- Liz Scarff, Director, Fieldcraft Studios
- Michael Quinn, Media Plans Officer, EU Naval Force Somalia Operation Atalanta
- Niv Blond, Sales director, 3i-MIND Technologies GmbH
- Patrick Meschenmoser, Independent Crisis Communications Consultant
- Peter Neumann, Director, International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation
- Rachel Legaspi, Innovation Hub Officer, NATO Innovation Hub Community Member
- Roy Jacques, Managing Director, Sysomos
- Ruth Powell, Armed Forces Engagement Manager, The Royal British Legion
- Steven Mehringer, Head, Communication Technologies Section, NATO Headquarters
- Stu Shulman, CEO, Texifter LLC