Event OverviewWith the ever growing threat of cyber-attacks on government critical infrastructure there is no better time to come together and discuss the latest threats being seen to breach public sector computer systems. European governments are now working together and with the private sector to strengthen their defence.
Cyber Intelligence Europe returns to Brussels to allow for good participation from across Europe and from European Governing bodies to share information on how to protect sensitive computer systems from a cyber-attack. Many governments and armed forces are now spending their budgets to strengthen their infrastructure to counter the cyber hackers.
It is not just the government and military looking to secure their computer infrastructure, banks are also being targeted and have been working closely with the public sector to secure their systems from fraud cases and cybercrimes against their systems. With more bank transactions taking place online it is pivotal for global banks to create a strong defence against any breaches.
Don't miss out on participating at our 2nd annual Cyber Intelligence Europe conference & exhibition in Brussels to network with 100+ attendees from the public and private sector.
2013 participants included: NATO, Belgium Federal Police, UNICRI, European Commission, Serbian Police Force, UK Metropolitan Police, World Bank Group, US Department of State, ENCS, ENISA and many more.
- Analyse the latest threats to government computer systems
- Discuss the need to share information to protect critical infrastructure
- Understand the issues being faced by European law enforcement agencies at tracing the attack
- Review the latest cyber defence solutions available from the private sector
- Network with 100+ attendees from the public and private sector who work in the cyber security domain
VenueRenaissance Brussels Hotel
Rue du Parnasse 15, 19
1050 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 2 505 2398
Deluxe single rooms at a rate of 179.00 Eur.
The room rates mentioned above are including the full American breakfast, VAT and service charges, but excluding the city tax at 7.58 Eur per room per night.
To Book your room with our special discount rate please click here
The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page
Event Schedule22nd September 2014
- 08.30 - 16.00 Cyber Security within the Energy World - Hosted by DENSEK (Distributed Energy Security Knowledge)
23rd September 2014
- 08.30 - 17.10 Conference Day 1
- 08.30 - 17.30 Exhibition Opening Hours
24th September 2014
- 08.30 - 17.10 Conference Day 2
- 08.30 - 17.10 Exhibition Opening Hours
- Jamie Shea, Deputy Assistant Secretary General, Emerging Security Challenges, NATO
- Troels Oerting, Head of European Cybercrime Centre (EC3), EUROPOL
- Frederick Vanneste, Director, Cybersquad, Ministry of Finance, Belgium
- Heli Tiirmaa-Klaar, Head of Cyber Policy Coordination, European External Action Service (EEAS)
- Frans Kolkman, National Cybercrime Program, National Police, The Netherlands
- Wolfgang Roehrig, Programme Manager & Project Officer Cyber Defence, European Defence Agency (EDA)
- Luk Schoonaert, Senior Technology Manager, Exclusive Networks
- Udo Kroon, Chief Information Officer, FIU.NET
- Eirik Troones Hansen, Police Prosecutor, Cyber Crime Investigation Section, National Criminal Investigation Service, National Police Force, Norway
- Fred Streefland, Director Education, Training and Knowledge Center, European Network for Cyber Security (ENCS)
- Eugen Valeriu Popa, President, Center of Analysis for Security Studies, Romania
- Francesca Bosco, Project Officer, United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI)
- Marco Gercke, Director, Cybercrime Research Institute, Germany
- Robert Clark, Cyber Law Attorney, U.S. Army Cyber Institute
- Bert Heerbaart, Program Manager, DENSEK (Distributed Energy Security Knowledge)
- Mari Kert, Cybersecurity Policy Manager, European Organisation for Security (EOS)
- Diana Tsutskiridze, Research Associate, Georgian Security Analysis Center (GSAC)
- Kadri Kaska, Researcher, NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence
- Adam Svendsen, Associate Consultant, Copenhagen Institute for Futures Studies (CIFS), Denmark