Returning for its 8th year the 2015 Mobile Deployable Communications Conference
will address the key topics of CIS networks and tactical communications, C4ISR standardisation, interoperability across the global armed forces, operational experiences and future technologies.
The role of the communications systems has evolved hugely in the past 15 years and the issue of delivering the right capability not simply delivering capability right is essential.
Military units are now relying on communication networks to relay information with sound, images, video. All of the military communication networks have to be secure, meaning that no interception is possible thus militating against reduced operational integrity.
Contemporary military operations, peacekeeping and stabilization missions require from the armed forces to take actions in unknown and very often distant areas. This year the conference will address the communication equipment used by global armed forces when deployed, illustrating that the practical elements are just as significant as the technology which supports deployed soldiers.
Benefits of Attending
- Discover strategies to overcome ever-present threats such as cyber attacks
- Hear about the potential of information superiority in European security & defence
- Listen to operational case studies, allowing you to develop your communication systems
- Evaluate and discuss the US Army Mobility Project
- Hear how the challenges of SOA - based communications in the tactical domain will effect ongoing operations from the Military Communications Institute
The importance of interoperability with regards to mobile deployable communications will also be addressed, offering an insight into the communications challenges which face multinational operations on the battlefield.
These questions and more will be answered at our Mobile Deployable Communications 2015 conference
. It is important that the current issues surrounding mobile deployable communications are addressed by leading military and industry personnel so that key solutions can be discussed and developed.
Plus Two Interactive Half-Day Pre-Conference Workshops | Wednesday 4th February 2015A: Tactical Communications Overview
Hosted by: Dr. Clayton Stewart, Visiting Professor, University College London
08:00 - 12:30B: Enabling SOA in the tactical domain
Hosted by: NATO STO Group - NATO IST -118
13:00 - 18:00
"Great discussions & briefs. It was interesting to get the different perspectives & lessons learned from key speakers from industry & national militaries. Good exchange of information on deployable comms & CIS networks."
"Excellent organisation and relevance of presentations”
"This conference provided me with some useful information and proved to be an excellent professional experience"
"A very interesting & reliable conference. The event was inspiring & gave me many ideas which I hope will help me in my future work."
- Brigadier General Jan Kase, Director of CIS Agency, Ministry of Defence Czech Republic
- Christian Serra, a4ESSOR SAS Technical Director, a4ESSOR
- Claude Rousseau, Senior Analyst, Northern Sky Research (NSR)
- Colonel Jan Van de Pol, Head of Systems, Applications, Training & Simulation, Ministry of Defence, The Netherlands
- David Lawford Mee, National Security Business Development Manager - Europe Middle East & Africa (EMEA), CISCO Systems Ltd
- Dr Clayton Stewart, Visiting Professor, University College London
- Dr Joanna Sliwa, Head of C4I Systems, Military Communications Institute
- Dr Kamran Arshad, Senior Lecturer in Communications Engineering, University Of Greenwich
- Edwin Tromp, National Security Solutions Architect - Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA), CISCO Systems Ltd
- Frank Johnsen, Senior Scientist, Norwegian Defence Research Establishment
- Giuseppe Curro, Head of Training Management, NATO Communications and Information Systems School
- Ian Owens, Lecturer in Information Systems, Cranfield University
- Jose Maria Alcaraz-Calero, Lecturer, University of West Scotland
- Justin O'Neill, Area Marketing Manager, Comtech Systems, Inc
- Krasimir Yordanov, Chief IT & Security Branch, EU Military Staff
- Lieutenant Colonel Bartosz Jasiul, Communications Expert, Military Communications Institute
- Major Aurel Sabo, Deputy Commander, Armed Forces of the Slovak Republic
- Major Daniel Kucherhan, Director Land Force Requirements 5-6-2, Canadian Armed Forces
- Michael Sieber, Head of Unit, Information Superiority, European Defence Agency
- Michael McCarthy, Director of Operations and Program Manager, US Army
- Nigel Beer, Managing Consultant, PA Consulting Group
- Norman Jansen, Scientist, Fraunhofer Institut
- Patrick Heuline, Head of Marketing - Mobile Communication Systems, Thales
- Paul Hutchings, Capture Director Thales
- Peter Sevenich, Contact for Projects Network Architecture, MANET and ConSIS, Fraunhofer Institute (IFU)
- Peter-Paul Meiler, Senior Research Scientist, Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research (TNO)
- Philippe Margot, Programme Manager, OCCAR
- Qi Wang, Senior Lecturer, University of West Scotland
- Trude Bloebaum, Senior Scientist, Norwegian Defence Research Establishment
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.
The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
Who should attend:
- CIS Engineers
- Communications Engineers
- CIS Project Managers
- Director of CIS Operations
- Technical Analysts
- Lead Systems Engineer
- Spectrum Manager
- Technical Advisors
- Communications Analysts
- Deployable CIS Project Manager
- Director IT Communication
- Director Mobile Communication
- Radio Communication Engineer
- Director Tactical Solutions
V Celnici 8,
Prague, 110 00