Pharmaceutical Parallel Trade
in the European Union is a large and growing phenomenon.
Different regulatory regimes for pharmaceuticals result in significant differences in pharmaceutical prices across countries. These prices make it profitable for Parallel Trade
to take place in addition to PT reaching a significant proportion of total national pharmaceutical expenditure in many European countries, particularly those with high pharmaceutical prices such as UK, Germany, the Netherlands and Sweden. But the issue of pharmaceutical Parallel Trade continues to generate controversy among stake holders and has become an issue of intense debate in the global trading system.
Europe’s leading Parallel Trade Conference
will focus on assessing pricing strategies and the impact of parallel trade on the generics market and vice versa. In addition, there will be three open floor round table discussions drawing attention to the ongoing debate; is parallel trade justified? Stakeholder engagement and competition law effects will be discussed, in addition to a breakfast briefing on assessing data collection… and that’s just to start with.
Patient safety is first and foremost when it comes to the implementation of the Anti-Counterfeit Directive and this will be addressed. What will follow is assessing the repackaging and re-boxing of products. Further topics to be evaluated include case studies on the implementation of best practices and the outcomes to be reviewed on parallel trade
, are they positive or negative?
The note to end on will be… What’s the future of Parallel Trade
Benefits of Attending
- Hear from those at the heart of Parallel Trade on the core concerns affecting you. Addressing the challenges are Eric Noehrenberg, Janice Haigh and Richard Freudenberg
- Germany are the industry leaders in this field, hear from IGES on Parallel Trade in Germany and what the influencing factors are and analysing the market
- Enhance supply chain protection and patient safety with an update on the Falsified Medicines Directive
- Case study sessions on best practices and implementation, in addition to three round table discussions will generate debate, don’t miss out!
Plus Two Interactive Half-Day Post-Conference Workshops | Wednesday 11th February 2015Parallel Trade – Management Strategies
Workshop Leader: Janice Haigh, Practice Leader,
Market Access, Quintiles
8.30am – 12.30pm
Parallel Trade for Accession States
Assessing the Problems
Workshop Leader: Martin Paltnoi, Senior Consultant,
MPA Business Services Ltd
1.30pm – 5.30pm
- Antonio Mendonca Alves, CEO, MD Pharma SA
- Bertram Häussler, Chairman of the Board of Management, IGES Institut GmbH
- Christopher Stothers, Partner, Arnold and Porter
- Dermot Glynn, Senior Adviser, Europe Economics
- Eric Noehrenberg, Director, Regional Market Access lead, Shire GmbH
- Heinz Kobelt, Director European Affairs, European Association of Euro-Pharmaceutical Companies
- Janice Haigh, Practice Leader, Market Access, Quintiles (UK) Ltd
- John Jolley, Director, MPCC Global Regulatory Solutions
- Leyla Hannbeck, Head of Pharmacy, The National Pharmaceutical Association Ltd
- Matthias Heck, Attorney-at-law, Head of Brussels office, German Pharmaceutical Industry Association
- Mike Isles, Executive Director, European Alliance for Access to Safe Medicines
- Patrick O'Neill-Ortiz, Managing Director, Parallel Pharma Ltd
- Shabnam Hanassab, Consultant, IMS Health
- Shan Hassam, Group Director, Veenak International Ltd
- Suzanne Elvidge, Specialised writer in healthcare, pharmaceuticals and busines, None
- Tomasz Dzitko, Founder and CEO, Delfarma
The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
Who Should Attend
- Directors, Managing Directors, Leaders, Head of:
- Research and Development, Market Access, Pricing and Reimbursement, Commercial, Supply Chain Policy, Finance, Anti-Counterfeiting, Business Analysts, Distribution, Legal Affairs
- Consultants of Advisors working in Health Economics, Business Development, Supply Chain Security in addition to Pharmacists.
VenueHoliday Inn Regents Park
W1W 5EE England