Our 8th Annual Energy from Waste conference
is designed to be a platfom for discussion and understanding of the developments in industry. The conference will cover a range of issues including how the circular economy will impact Energy from Waste
and other updates on regulation and recycling targets. We will look at how the industry should develop in next couple of years encompassing how technology is developing and how the number of plants able to utilise heat can be increased. Merchant financing, contracts for difference and legal issues regarding these plants are also major issues that will be discussed.
This established conference will allow attendees to network with industry leaders allowing issues to be discussed, debated and solved. As a key part of the waste management industry Energy from Waste plants must be ablet to adapt to changes in the regulatory and recycling environments.
Benefits of Attending
- Receive regulatory guidance and understand the impact of the circular economy on energy from waste
- Understand how merchant projects can be funded and what projects are bankable
- Discuss how Heating Distribution networks can become a reality
- Get ahead of the game and learn about the latest cutting edge technological breakthroughs
Plus Two Interactive Half-Day Post-Conference Workshops | Wednesday 9th December 2015A: Energy from Waste Markets
Workshop Leader: Alban Forster, Director, SLR Consulting
8.30am - 12.30pmB: Practical Policy Implications for Energy from Waste
Workshop Leader: Jacob Hayler, Executive Director, Environmental Services Association
1.30pm - 5.30pm
- Alban Forster, Director, SLR Consulting LTD
- Andrew Hartley, Director, Green Investment Bank
- Artem Rodin, Counsel, CMS
- Christopher Maltin, Chairman, Organic Power
- Councillor Jayne McCoy, Chair, Housing Economy & Business Committee, London Borough of Sutton
- Darren Merrill, Councillor, Southwark Council
- Dr Yassir Makkawi, Senior lecturer, European Bioenergy Research Institute
- Guillaume Perron-Piche, Policy Officer, ESWET
- Ian Fielding, Assistant Director - Waste & Countryside Services, North Yorkshire County Council
- Jacob Haylor, Executive Director, Environment Services Association
- John Twitchen, Executive Director, Copper Consultancy
- Johnny Stuen, Technical Director, Waste to Energy Agency, City of Oslo
- Kristian Dales, Sales and Marketing Director, FCC Environment
- Lois Prior, Communications Manager, North London Waste Alliance
- Mike Tregent, WEnvironment & Business Advisor, Waste & Illegal’s, Waste Stream Assessment, Environment Agency
- Paco Hevia, Head of Projects, Ferrovial Servicios Centre of Excellence for the Environment, Amey
- Paul Sheridan, Partner, CMS Cameron McKenna LLP
- Peter Maclaren, Director, levenseat
- Peter North, Senior Manager Programme Delivery Sustainable Energy Development & Environment, Greater London Authority
- Stuart Hayward-Higham, Technical Development Director, SUEZ environnement R&WR UK
- Taliesin Maynard, Head of Waste Infrastructure Programmes, Department for the Environment, Welsh Assembly Government
The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
Who Should Attend
This conference will be of interest to anyone involved, or looking to become involved in the Energy from Waste sector. This includes:
- Local Authorities
- Major Waste companies
VenueHoliday Inn Regents Park
W1W 5EE England