Held since 2011, our Health IT Summits
are a unique forum that allows for personnel from DoD, VA, Federal and State agencies to convene in one location along with leaders from Industry and Academia that support them.
*The Summit is neither officially endorsed or sanctioned by the Depts of VA and DoD.
May 2017 Summit Topics Include
- Deployment of MHS Genesis
- EHR Modernization
- Digital Health initiatives to Improve Extended Care
- Interoperability Initiatives Supporting Greater Federal and Private Sector Coordination
- Population Health Strategies to Improve Connected Health Efforts
- Developing Semantic Web Technologies to Support Advanced EHR Capabilities
- Data Sharing and Open-source Initiatives
- VA Acquisition Efforts to Build a Connected Health IT Environment
- Precision Medicine Initiatives
Why Should you Attend the Summit?
As the healthcare industry continues to evolve to better suit the needs of the patient, the role of information technology will continue to be an integral part in the efforts to link innovative IT solutions with advanced lines of communication to achieve a patient centered health system that focuses on enhancing delivery of healthcare.
Although delivering military health care in an efficient and cost-effective manner is important, the goal is to first and foremost build a health care system focusing on improving the overall the health of the patient. In the efforts to support this health care system, tremendous strides have been made from multiple organizations ranging from the DoD, VA, Government Agencies, Private Industry, and Academia.
The 2017 May DoD/VA and Government Health IT Summit
will provide valuable information on the current and prospective efforts supported by the U.S. Government to transform healthcare and healthcare delivery through innovative IT solutions.
Our team specializes in the extensive research and development of our symposium's content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the community from senior healthcare leaders, the IT community, key policy-makers, as well as solution providers from industry and academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
Early Confirmed May 2017 Speakers
- Dr. Jennifer Lee, Deputy Under Secretary for Health for Policy and Services, VA
- Barclay P. Butler, Ph.D., MBA, Component Acquisition Executive, Head of Contracting Activity, DHA
- Dr. Lauren Thompson, SES, Director, DoD/VA IPO
- COL Beverley Beavers, USA, CIO/G6, Office of the Surgeon General, U.S. Army
- Todd Simpson, SES, CIO, FDA
- Dr. Michael Malanoski, Executive Director, Bureau of Medicine and Surgery and U.S. Navy
- Col Kevin Seeley, Chief, Infrastructure and Operations, DHA
- Brian Lee, Chief, Public Health Informatics Officer, Office of Public Health Scientific Services, CDC
- Bridget Gauer, Acting Director, National Institutes of Health Information Technology Acquisition and Assessment Center
The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
Please fill in your name and email to receive the summit agenda of this event.
VenueMary M. Gates Learning Center
701 N Fairfax St, 22314
Alexandria, VA, USA
At our Summit you will have the ability to
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing health information technology professionals.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover the most up-to-date HIT initiatives and technologies
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are given the opportunity to address our speaker faculty with their questions or comments and will receive a pre-Summit questionnaire for precise questions and subject matters you would like our speakers to address.
VenueMary M. Gates Learning Center
701 N. Fairfax St. Alexandria, VAHotel Rooms:
Hotel Rooms are available at a discounted rate at:
SHERATON SUITES OLD TOWN ALEXANDRIA
801 North St. Asaph Street, Alexandria, VA 22314Hotel Discount Reservation Link
(two walking blocks from the Mary M. Gates Learning Center)
* Please identify that you are with Defense Strategies Institute to receive your discount. Parking:
There is parking available at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Enter at lobby level and request a day parking ticket. (There is no parking at the Learning Center for delegates, and street parking is limited to 2 hours)