This training is available to customers online in our cloud based training platform.
This e-Seminar provides both novice and experienced export compliance professionals with an in-depth education on recently reformed ITAR (International Traffic in Arms) regulations.
Understanding the Reformed International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Includes a comprehensive guide to complying with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) complete with the latest updates on Export Control Reform (ECR).
This course contains the following topics:
- Overview of the ITAR
- Controlled Activities
- Controlled Items
- Technical Data
- Application Process and Status
- Export Clearance
- Brokering and Political Contributions
- Compliance Programs
ITAR Defense Trade Controls e-Seminar Modules (for US Companies)Introduction to Defense Trade Controls
What Does the ITAR Control?
- Key Governing Agencies
- ITAR Compliance Resources
Jurisdiction: What is a "Defense Article"?
- ITAR Controlled Activities
- Release to Foreign Persons
- Defense Service Issues
- Easy To Forget Licensable Transactions
Registration and Empowered Official Issues
- Jurisdiction: EAR vs. ITAR
- The New US Munitions List
- How to Read New USML Categories
- ITAR "Specially Designed" Definition & Implications
- Special Classification Issues
- Commodity Jurisdiction Determinations
ITAR Special Restrictions
- How to Register with the DDTC
- Registration-Related Issues
- Considerations for Designating "Empowered Officials"
ITAR License Exemptions
- Prohibited Countries
- Prohibited /Ineligible Parties
- SME "Significant Military Equipment"
- Highly Restricted Items
- Congressional Notification Issues
- Red Flags
- What are Exemptions?
- Excluded Items & Countries
- Important ITAR 123-16 Exemptions
- The Canadian Exemptions
- UK & Australia Exemptions
- Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Exemption
- Licenses vs. Agreements
- The Art of the License Application
- DSP-5 Applications
- Foreign Person Employee License
- Marketing Licenses
ITAR Administration, Documents & Shipping
- MLAs / TAAs / Warehouse & Distribution Agreements
- Agreement Application
- Agreement Guidelines
- Drafting the Technical Scope for Agreements
- Dual/Third Country National Employees
- Government Review Process & Checking License Status
- DDTC Authorizations Options Across Proram Phases
Special ITAR Issues
- Shipping & Export Documentation
- Freight Forwarders & Customs Brokers
- Temporary Licenses
-Filing Electronic Export Information (EEI)
-Wait Times & AES Responses
- Schedule B & HTS Classification
- Certification Requirements
- Reporting Requirements
- Brokering: Requirements, Registration, Prior Approval & Reporting
- Political Contributions, Fees & Commissions
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
ITAR Internal Control Programs
- Definition of Technical Data
- Exclusion for Basic Marketing Information
- Exclusion for General System Description
- Public Domain Issues
- Building an Effective Compliance Program
- Licensing vs. Compliance
- Who is Responsible?
- Written Programs & Procedures
- Record Keeping Requirements
- Hand Carried Shipments
- Customizing Procedures to Match Your Situation
- Special Issues for Tech Data & Software
- Enforcing Agencies: US Customs & Border Protection
- Enforcement Methods, Fines & Penalties
- What Constitutes an ITAR Violation?
- Personal Liability for Civil Penalties
- Responding to Subpoenas & Investigations
- If You Find a Violation...
- Voluntary Self-Disclosure Considerations
- Case Studies: Recent Enforcement & Audit Actions