We are pleased to announce that we will be hosting our Border Management & Technologies Summit Asia conference and exhibition in Singapore on 22 - 24 September 2020.
Since our event in New Delhi in 2018, we have been working with WTTC and other partners to develop a vision for digital borders and seamless travel to take the hassle out of travelling without compromising security. Following workshops in Istanbul and Ottawa in 2019 - and a discussion panel with Border leaders at the International Summit on Borders in Washington DC in June 2019 - we have produced a White Paper setting out a roadmap for the border of the future which we are sharing with border agencies worldwide.
One of the key features of the paper is digital identities and the ever-increasing use of biometrics in immigration and border control solutions.
Singapore is a very important travel hub for many travellers, with Changi Airport being one of the most popular stopover airports as well as many cruise liners using Singapore port as a starting point before cruises around South-East Asia. Singapore Straits plays a major role in customs clearance with many ships stopping to gain clearance before continuing on their journey.
The Border Management & Technologies Summit Asia conference and exhibition will bring together leading government officials from across central Asia, South-East Asia, Australia and the Middle East to discuss the border security challenges faced in the region and in their respective nations.
Singapore is a unique country that has one of the busiest land borders in the world between Singapore and Malaysia. Changi Airport is one of the most popular stopover airports in South-East Asia and due to Singapore's geographic location Singapore Straits plays an important role in customs clearance.
The event will be chaired by the our Chairman, Mr Tony Smith, the former Director-General of UK Border Force.
- Dato' Sense Khairul Dzaimee Bin David, Director-General, Immigration Department, Malaysia
- Mohamed Ahmed Hussain, Controller General of Immigration, Immigration Bureau, Maldives
- His Excellency Majid Al-Mirzam, Vice-Governor, Saudi Customs
- Alice Stanley, Assistant Secretary, Traveller Branch, Australian Border Force
- Lian Lee Siong, Deputy Director, Operations, Immigration and Checkpoint Authority, Singapore
- Tony Smith, Chairman, International Border Management and Technologies Association (IBMATA)
- Gordon Wilson,President, WorldReach Software
- Chris Brown, Vice President, International Sales, Basis Technology
- Dashitha Niroshana, Controller, Visa and Border, Department of Immigration and Emigration, Sri Lanka
- Paul Cross, Head of Border Management, Sydney Practice, SITA
- Andy Smith, Head of Business Development, SITA
- Juan Manuel Segura, Director of Innovation, Securiport
- Er German Robin, Deputy Supervisor, Port Operations Department, Bureau of Immigration, Philippines
- Dusita Videsa, Programme Manager, Regional Support Office, The Bali Process on People Smuggling, Trafficking in Persons and Related Transnational Crime
- Rajeshkumar, ePassport Expert, Member ICAO NTWG
- Donato Colucci, Senior Regional International Border Management Specialist, International Organisation for Migration (IOM)
- William Lippert, Criminal Intelligence Analyst, Criminal Analysis Sub-Directorate, Interpol
- Younkyung Kim, Regional Manager, Airport, Passenger, Cargo and Security Asia-Pacific, International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Lee Edwards, Business Manager, UK Visas and Immigration, Asia
- Anchalee Gulati, Regional Manager, Aviation Security, Airport, Passenger, Cargo and Security, Asia-Pacific, International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Lars Karlsson, Chairman of Advisory Board, International Border Management and Technologies Association (IBMATA)
- Professor James Ferryman, Computer Science and a member of the Computational Vision Group, University of Reading, United Kingdom
- Jyoti Tathgur, Political Analyst, Border Management and Immigration, Consultant, India
- Pre Conference Workshop: Tuesday 22nd September 2020
- Day One of Conference and Exhibition: Wednesday 23rd September 2020
- Day Two of Conference and Exhibition: Thursday 24th September2020
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Summit Agenda of this event.