For the latest COVID-19 Travel restrictions and recommendations please click here
We proudly presents the 4th Annual Ophthalmic Drugs Conference
taking place on the 22nd-23rd of November 2021, in London.
The global ophthalmic drug market is forecast to surpass $60 billion USD by 2025 with increasing focus from the industry on alternative delivery approaches and improving the effectiveness of the current repertoire of drugs in order to grow away from intravitreal injections and other surgical approaches to ocular therapy. With 50% of the global population predicted to have complications in their sight within the next few decades, ophthalmic medicine is set to become one of the biggest industries in pharmaceuticals.
As Europe's leading Ophthalmic Drugs conference
, we will explore new discoveries in the treatment of ocular disease, innovations in combination technologies, and the utterly unique challenges that are faced in the treatment of one of the most complex organs in the body.
This two-day agenda will offer peer-to-peer networking opportunities with leaders in the ophthalmic sphere, from Heads of Drug Development and Senior Directors of Ophthalmology, all the way to academic forerunners in the research into ocular therapy.
We look forward to welcoming you to the conference in November.
Early registration is strongly advised to avoid disappointment.
Benefits of Attending
- GAIN insight into the latest treatments for Glaucoma and Dry-Eye Disease from Aerie Pharmaceuticals
- EXAMINE the challenges of designing the right drug for topical drug delivery to the retina with Ocuterra Therapeutics
- UNDERSTAND the advancements in treatments for inherited retinal diseases from ProQR
- EXPLORE the design and characteristics of a durable local ocular formulation with forwardvue pharma
- DISCUSS patient centricity as a driver for drug delivery innovation in ophthalmology with Roche
- DISCOVER a novel target for Geographic Atrophy and Diabetic Retinopathy with InflammX Therapeutics
- REVIEW the hidden and unmet clinical need of Diabetic Macular Ischemia with Boehringer Ingelheim
- RECEIVE key updates on ocular gene therapy from SparingVision
- UNCOVER the clinical development and regulatory landscape for ophthalmic products in the UK and Europe from Bayer
Who Should Attend:
- CEOs, CMOs and Researchers from pharmaceutical companies involved in ocular drug development, in addition to biotechnologies involved in ocular drug delivery research.
- Heads and VPs of Retinal Health, Ocular Therapy, Medical Safety, and Ophthalmology.
- Professors, Senior Lecturers, and Specialists in Ocular biology and immunology, and clinical pharmaceuticals.
Plus An Interactive Half Day Post Conference Workshops | Wednesday 24th November 2021
Workshop : Novel Platforms in Ocular Drug Delivery
Workshop Leader: Dr. Thakur Raghu Raj Singh, Reader in Pharmaceutics, Queen's University Belfast
08.30 - 12.30
- Alan Franklin, CEO, ForwardVue Pharma
- Ali Athab Al-Kinani, Senior Lecturer in Clinical Pharmaceutics, Kingston University
- Aniz Girach, Chief Medical Officer, ProQR Therapeutics
- Brian Levy, CEO, Ocunexus Therapeutics
- Damon Smith, CEO, TALLC Inc
- Daniel Chung, Global Medical Strategy Lead-Ophthalmology, Spark Therapeutics
- David J Tanzer, Chief Medical Officer, Executive Vice President , OcuTerra Therapeutics
- Francine Behar-Cohen, Chief Innovation Officer, Eyevensys
- Giedrius Kalesnykas, President and Chief Executive Officer, Experimentica Ltd
- Gregoire Schwach, Leader Ocular and Drug Delivery, PTD Biologics Europe, Roche
- Jaya Chidambaram, Associate Clinical Director, Roche Genentech
- Laurence Fitzhenry, Lecturer & Project Coordinator, ORBITAL-ITN
- Magali Taiel, Chief Medical Officer , Gensight-Biologic
- Mitchell De Long, Vice President, Chemistry, Aerie Pharmaceuticals
- Peter MacLennan, Chief Executive Officer, TCR Solutions
- Peter Morgan Warren, Medical Assessor, MHRA
- Petra Kozma, Head of Clinical Development, Oxurion NV
- Thakur Raghu Raj Singh, Reader in Pharmaceutics, Founder and CTO Re-Vana Therapeutics, Chair for Ocular Delivery Focus Group, Queen's University Belfast
- Victor Chong, Global Head of Medicine, Retinal Health, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG
- Virginia Calder, Reader in Ocular Immunology, UCL Institute of Ophthalmology
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
VenueHoliday Inn Kensington Forum
97 Cromwell Rd, Kensington, SW7 4DN