We proudly presents the 4th Annual Ophthalmic Drugs Conference
taking place on the 22nd-23rd of November 2021, in London.
The global ophthalmic drug market is forecast to surpass $60 billion USD by 2025 with increasing focus from the industry on alternative delivery approaches and improving the effectiveness of the current repertoire of drugs in order to grow away from intravitreal injections and other surgical approaches to ocular therapy. With 50% of the global population predicted to have complications in their sight within the next few decades, ophthalmic medicine is set to become one of the biggest industries in pharmaceuticals.
As Europe's leading Ophthalmic Drugs conference
, we will explore new discoveries in the treatment of ocular disease, innovations in combination technologies, and the utterly unique challenges that are faced in the treatment of one of the most complex organs in the body.
This two-day agenda will offer peer-to-peer networking opportunities with leaders in the ophthalmic sphere, from Heads of Drug Development and Senior Directors of Ophthalmology, all the way to academic forerunners in the research into ocular therapy.
Benefits of Attending
- Insight into the newest techniques in ocular drug design and delivery
- Explore the impacts and applications of controlled release technologies
- Learn how advanced medical devices are changing the face of combined therapy
- Understand the latest developments in overcoming the challenge of treating such a complex organ
Who Should Attend:
- Ophthalmic Lead
- Clinical Director
- Senior Medical Advisor
- Franchise Head
- Business Manager
- Senior Scientist
- Senior Vice President
- Medical Director
- Therapeutic Area Head
- General Manager
- International Scientific Advisor
Plus Two Interactive Half Day Post Conference Workshops | Wednesday 24th November 2021
Workshop A: Novel Platforms in Ocular Drug Deliverys
Workshop Leader: Dr. Thakur Raghu Raj Singh, Reader in Pharmaceutics, Queen's University Belfast
08.30 - 12.30
Workshop B: Ophthalmic Drug Delivery Development - Trials and Tribulations
Workshop Leader: Brian Levy, CEO, Ocunexus Therapeutics
13.30 - 17.30
- Alan Franklin, CEO, ForwardVue Pharma
- Ali Athab Al-Kinani, Senior Lecturer in Clinical Pharmaceutics, Kingston University
- Brian Levy, CEO, Ocunexus Therapeutics
- Colette Hall, Vice President of Medical and Safety, Clearside BioMedical, Inc.
- Daniel Chung, Global Medical Strategy Lead-Ophthalmology, Spark Therapeutics
- Francine Behar-Cohen, Chief Innovation Officer, Eyevensys
- Harminder Dua, Chair and Professor of Ophthalmology, The University of Nottingham
- Ian Catchpole, Chief Scientific Officer, Horama
- Jonathan Talamo, Health Care Executive, Consultant, and Board Member, CXL Ophthalmics
- Laurence Fitzhenry, Lecturer & Project Coordinator, ORBITAL-ITN
- Magali Taiel, Chief Medical Officer , Gensight-Biologic
- Mitchell De Long, Vice President, Chemistry, Aerie Pharmaceuticals
- Simon Chandler, Executive Director, Clinical Development, Allergan Ltd
- Thakur Raghu Raj Singh, Reader in Pharmaceutics, Founder and CTO Re-Vana Therapeutics, Chair for Ocular Delivery Focus Group, Queen's University Belfast
- Victor Chong, Global Head of Medicine, Retinal Health, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG
- Virginia Calder, Reader in Ocular Immunology, UCL Institute of Ophthalmology
The agenda is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to receive an alert when the agenda becomes available.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.