: We have now made this conference a virtual event. All speakers, attendees and sponsors will be able to access the full conference and its materials and will be able to log on remotely via the internet.
We are proud to announce the 14th Border Security Conference
, taking place virtually on the 10th and 11th of February 2021.
With COVID-19 spreading across the globe, the security and integrity of a nation's borders has rarely been more important than now. Security protocols have been thrust into the global spotlight as border professionals have had to adapt and change their usual approaches while ensuring that their effectiveness is not compromised; a successful response has frequently hinged on the ability of a nation to prevent infected individuals from entering the country.
Amid this disruption, the problems of migration, cross-border criminality, and smart-borders have become even more critical as rogue elements seek to exploit the situation. These issues need to be addressed urgently by the international community.
In its fourteenth year, the Border Security Conference is moving online as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic; this will enable worldwide border professionals to meet these issues head-on. Bringing together border forces, airport and port personnel, industry leaders and key international agencies, the conference provides an excellent opportunity to meet with key industry stakeholders and to hear from some of the world's leading voices. Border Security 2021
is a truly global event firmly established in the market - it is not to be missed.
Benefits of AttendingBorder Security 2021
is the perfect occasion to learn from and network with the most informed and renowned experts in the field of border protection. Tune into the two-day conference and benefit from insights delivered by first-class professionals, scientists, border force officers, and industry figures.
Themes for 2021:
- COVID-19 and ensuring a safe, hygienic security protocols
- Migration and the effects of COVID-19 on legal and illegal movement
- "Smart Border" systems, including the EES and biometric scanners
- Airport-specific security protocols
- Automation, AI and Big Data: feasibility and uses at the border
Our Virtual Conference Platform will deliver the following benefits:
- Live and On-Demand speaker content: Get online access to the latest strategies and case studies from your market!
- Network with all event attendees: Connect, see who's attending, chat and share contact details with all online delegates, speakers and sponsors
- Exhibit a Virtual Booth: Pack your customized booth full of documents and videos, and even show who is manning the booth during the event and who is hosting meetings
- Host & Join Meetings & Socials: Join preferred speaking sessions, host your own meetings and even host virtual networking socials with inbuilt Zoom functionality
- Mr John Vine CBE QPM, Former Chief Inspector of Borders, Borders & Immigration, UK Home Office
National Border Authority Speakers:
- Mr Patrick Nemeth, Director, Identity Operations Division, US Department of Homeland Security
- Mr Jiri Celikovsky, Head of Unit for Coordination of Schengen Cooperation and Border Control, Czech Republic Interior Ministry
- Mr Egert Belitsev, Deputy Director General Border Management, Estonian Police and Border Guard
- Dr Norbert Wilfred Reez, Project Leader Smart Borders, Bundespolizei
- Dr Enrique Belda, Deputy Director General of Communication and Information Systems for Security, Spanish Ministry of the Interior
Airport and International Agency Speakers:
- Mr Vaclav Rehor, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Prague Airport
- Mr Andy Palmer, Border Security Manager, Gatwick Airport
- Mr Uku Sarekanno, Chief of Staff, eu-LISA
- Mr Didier Clergeot, Coordinator, Integrated Border Management Task Force, INTERPOL
- Ms Annet Steenbergen, Happy Flow Project Coordinator, Aruba Airport
- Mr Yiannis Harpas, Senior Manager Operations,Pafos Airport
- Mr Xavier Cristina, Human Identification Marketing Manager, Thermo Fisher Scientific
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Virtual Conference Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.