Defining the Latest Security Threats, Responses and Priorities for the U.S. in 2021 and Beyond
With a new year comes new goals, priorities and challenges for stakeholders involved in Homeland Defense and Security for the United States. This senior and expert-led Summit will highlight the ongoing efforts to empower knowledge sharing and collaboration with those across the Military, Defense, Law Enforcement, Industry and Academic sectors at the local, state and national level.
The turnover in administration over to President Biden and the confirmation of new DHS Secretary Mayorkas also means a shift in priorities. Recent developments such as the Solarwinds hack, the January 6 Capitol storming and the continued migrant influx at the US-Mexico border have highlighted the need for technology, strategies and approaches to bolster the homeland security of the United States against emerging threats and challenges. This event will cover diverse topics ranging from border security technologies, offensive and defensive cybersecurity strategy, counter UAS tactics and tools, intelligence sharing, infrastructure protection and resilience, identity technology, agency collaboration, budget planning and much more.
For years we have continually brought together the top minds in the homeland defense and security spheres at our Homeland Security Week event for thought leadership, industry collaboration and the development of best practices. We are thrilled to once again host our esteemed Homeland Security Week Summit
on July 28-30, where attendees can meet and collaborate with dozens of speakers and industry leaders on a multitude of topics.
Due to the continued impact of COVID-19, our event will be taking place completely digitally within our virtual conference platform, OnAir, which has extensive networking, interaction and collaborative capabilities. With multiple tracks, keynote sessions from senior leaders, panels from topic experts and interactive discussion groups, this year’s event is shaping up to be a groundbreaking conference with opportunities to share and learn. We look forward to welcoming you this summer!
Key themes running throughout the summit include:
- Securing US Land/Maritime Borders & Sovereignty
- Advancing Cyberspace and Critical Infrastructure Defense Capability
- Strengthening National Infrastructure Preparedness and Resilience to Natural Disasters and Physical/Cyber Threats
- Emerging Extremist Group Threat Prediction, Detection, and Response
- Advancing Transportation Security Capabilities
- William J. Bratton, Chairman, Homeland Security Advisory Council, Executive Office of the President
- Brendon Wales, Acting Director, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- Ms Soraya Correa, Chief Procurement Officer, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Dermont Shea, Commissioner, NYPD
- Eric Hysen, Chief Information Officer, Department of Homeland Security
- Dr. Chris Rodriguez, Director, District of Columbia Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency (HSEMA)
- Donnell Harvin, Chief of Homeland Security and Intelligence, District of Columbia Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency (HSEMA)
- Barry Lane, Deputy Assistant Director, Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)
- Sean Plankey, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, CESAR (Cybersecurity, Energy and Emergency Response), Department of Energy
- David Mussington, Executive Assistant Director for Infrastructure Security, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- Robert Kolasky, Assistant Director, National Risk Management Center (NRMC), Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- Noel Kyle, Supply Chain Risk Management Initiative Lead, National Risk Management Center, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- Geoff Hale, Director, Election Security Initiative, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- Serena Reynolds, Director, Fifth Generation Networks (5G) Program, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- Brian Harrell, Vice President and Chief Security Officer, AVANGRID
- Christopher Peters, Vice President and Chief Security Officer, Entergy
- Monte Hawkins, Director, National Vetting Center
- Sarah Jacob, Program Manager, sUAS Security Program, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- Erik Modisett, Supervisory Agent, Air and Marine Cyber Investigations Team (AMCIT), US Customs and Border Protection
- Ben Opel, Director for Customer Success, AttackIQ
- Chris Westphal, Chief Analytics Officer, Datawalk
- Guy Walsh, Founding Executive Director, National Security Collaboration Center, University of Texas San Antonio
- Kimberly Weissman, Senior Communications Officer, Entry/Exit Program, US Customs and Border Protection
- Jason Hausner, Managing Director, Passenger Facilitation, Delta Airlines
- Patrick Sgueglia, Product Manager, Regulatory Product Development/Biometrics, Lufthansa Airlines
- Jason Kepp, Assistant Director, Training and Professional Development, Federal Protective Service
- Paul Baker, Deputy Assistant Commissioner, Training, US Customs and Border Protection
- Larry Panetta, Director, Biometric Entry-Exit Strategic Transformation, US Customs and Border Protection
- Lori Vislocky, Technical Director, National Vetting Center
- July 28 – Day 1: Homeland Security Threats Focus
- July 29 – Day 2: Critical National Infrastructure and Identity Focus
- July 30 – Day 3: Planning and Best Practices Focus Day
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Virtual Summit Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.