Our 21st Biannual DoD/VA & GOV Health IT Summit
is designed as a non-partisan educational and training "Town-Hall-style" Summit that offers a full spectrum view towards the DoD, VA, and Federal's efforts to provide Veterans/Active-Duty high-quality healthcare, through a single, interoperable health IT ecosystem. This Summit will examine current initiatives being implemented for Veterans across the DoD & VA, from fielding emerging technologies to enhance Veteran care, to enabling increased access to economic opportunity.Current Health and Safety Protocols
Topics to be Covered at the 2021 Summit:
- Achieving rigorous standards of excellence at the VA: Providing world class benefits and care to empower our nation's Veterans
- Integrating an interoperable, secure Federal EHR to help transform patient care & provider effectiveness for both the DoD/VA
- Delivering integrated, affordable, & high-quality health services to Military Health System (MHS) beneficiaries
- Facilitating ready, responsive health services & force health protection to the Soldier
- Providing full-spectrum readiness by delivering unique medical capabilities & ensuring the delivery of trusted care to the Airmen
- Fielding emerging technologies to help drive successful health outcomes across the DoD/VA
- Advancing quality service & increased availability to Veterans by engaging them both in-person & digitally
- Enabling Veterans more efficient access to economic opportunity through the leveraging of the Federal procurement system
Why You Should Attend this Summit
According to the FY 22 bill, $2.6 billion is marked for continued implementation of the new digital medical records system, which is $10 million more than it received this year. This year's Summit will examine current initiatives being implemented for Veterans across the DoD & VA, from fielding emerging technologies to enhance Veteran care, to enabling increased access to economic opportunity. This includes the providing of world class benefits and care, as well as delivering responsive health services & force health protection for a medically ready Joint Force.
The forum will also go into detail about how the DoD has reached 30% Rollout for MHS GENESIS Cerner EHR Integration, which is set on improving interoperability. Senior Leaders at this event will also discuss key acquisition priorities, advancing telehealth programs, & ways to integrate more efficient business/clinical processes across the DoD/VA. Speakers from across the Armed Services will offer perspective on current strategies toward implementing measures to always offer high-quality battlefield care to the Warfighter. Members of Industry & Government will also be given an update on the new Federal EHR system & how it is continually being developed to transform patient access & care.
Our team specializes in the extensive research and development of our summit's content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the community from Senior Healthcare leaders, the IT Community, key policy-makers, as well as solution providers from industry and academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information:DoD/VA & Gov HIT Summit
provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions. Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus
2021 Early Confirmed Speakers Include:
- William Tinston, SES, Director, Federal Electronic Health Record Modernization Office (FEHRM)
- Michael D. Parrish, SES, Principal Executive Director for the Office of Acquisition, Logistics, and Construction (OALC)
- Dr. Neil C. Evans, Chief Officer, Office of Connected Health, Veterans Health Administration
- COL (P) Deydre Teyhen, USA, PT, PhD, Chief of the Army's Medical Specialist Corps
- Sharon Ridley, SES, Executive Director, Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU), VA
- Joseph Ronzio, USAF, Joint Medical Planner, Veterans Health Administration
- James H. Doroshow, M.D., Deputy Director for Clinical and Translational Research National Cancer Institute (NCI), NIH
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Summit Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
Hotel Option 1. The Westin Washington National Harbor. Click HERE to see available rooms
Address: 171 Waterfront St. National Harbor, Maryland 20745
Hotel Option 2: Hyatt Place National Harbor. Click HERE to see available rooms.
Address: 123 Waterfront St. National Harbor, Maryland, United States, 20745Parking
There are a variety of parking options throughout National Harbor. The lot that is closest to The Sunset Room is our Carousel Lot which is located at 137 National Plaza, Oxon Hill, MD 20745. If covered parking is preferred our Fleet Street Garage is the closest to the venue at 116 Waterfront Street, Oxon Hill, MD 20745. Mariner Garage will be the closet to The Westin National Harbor at 199 Fleet Street, Oxon Hill, MD 20745.