Europe's Premier Technical Thermal Management Conference Returns
In March 2024, we will have the pleasure of hosting the 12th Thermal Management for EV/HEV conference
, co-located with the 11th Advanced E-Motor Technology 2024
The event is now in its 12th year, but where is the automotive thermal management
industry over a decade on?
Electric vehicles are not perfect yet. Vehicle electrification is still a new technology and its constantly evolving. There are several opportunities to make EVs and HEVs more efficient; however, optimising thermal management continues to be a dominant area and a distinctive characteristic of energy efficient vehicles. Because of the automotive industry's drive and necessity to achieve better efficiency, while managing temperature within the vehicle, finding the optimum balance between passenger comfort, vehicle range, and thermal management has never been more important.
According to a thermal management expert at a leading European OEM...'Thermal management has become more profitable, and has a high market value.'
EV/HEV Thermal Management has long been complex and challenging for OEMs, and the complexity of this challenge is only growing as vehicle manufacturers look at thermal management not only on a component level, but on a system- and complete vehicle level, and are now judged on several key metrics including cost, performance, and efficiency. Finding the sweet spot where the system operates at its best possible
efficiency without increasing cost is a major OEM goal right now.
Battery Thermal Management, Cabin Climate Comfort Efficiency and Preventing Thermal Runaway has become a bigger challenge as OEMs struggle to find the balance between managing the battery, passenger comfort and vehicle range. And topics including Control Strategies, New Refrigerants, the Expected Ban on Current Refrigerants, AI for Thermal Management, Fuel Cell & Fast Charging Thermal Management are getting more and more attention.
We have just scratched the surface of what's in store for you at the 12th Thermal Management for EV/HEV conference
and what to expect over three full days of presentations, panel discussions, and technical demonstrations - all with the end goal of delivering practical thermal management solutions on both the component and system/vehicle level, optimising cost, efficiency, range and performance while working within actual real-world limitations.
Brand New Event Features for the 12th Thermal Management for EV/HEV 2024 Conference
HIGHLIGHT SESSION: AI for Thermal Management
- Predictive Modelling: Get a look into the future of thermal management and AI and understand how AI can enable smart vehicles to communicate and feedback thermal management performance in real-time
- Find out how companies are using AI to design thermal management system architecture
- Understand ground-breaking capabilities of AI to assist the thermal modelling of e-machines/e-motors
- Understand how to make profit from artificial intelligence by improving simulation accuracy
- How to use an AI algorithm to optimise the motor and integrate the cooling system
The 2024 Agenda will give you complete details on:
- Thermal Management for EV/HEV 2024: What to expect at the next Thermal Management for EV/HEV 2024 event, returning to Munich in March 2024.
- Co-Located Advanced E-Motor Technologies 2024: A glimpse on what you you’ll see at the co-located Advanced E-Motor Technologies 2024 event.
- Black-Tie Gala Dinner & Awards: One-of-a-kind Black-Tie Gala Dinner & Awards on 6th March 2024
& Much More!