Benefits of Attending
While funding for many defense programs are getting cut amid the Department of Defense’s (DoD) latest cost saving measures, Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) spending continue to be a priority with spending remaining in the billions. Recent estimates have yearly global spending on unmanned aircraft doubling in the next decade with a projected $94 billion total in the next 10 years. Underlining the importance of unmanned aircraft systems and remotely piloted aircraft, the U.S. Congress recently added millions to the FY2013 budget request for unmanned aircraft.
This comprehensive symposium brings together key officials and representatives from both government and industry that will examine the recent developments, most critical capability gaps, and likely future direction for unmanned aircraft systems.
- What are OSD and the Services’ roadmaps for Unmanned Aircraft Systems?
- What are the latest developments within all classes of unmanned aircraft including HALE, MALE/Tactical, and Small UAS?
- What are the latest COCOM perspectives for the UAS way forward?
- What are the latest user perspectives for Unmanned Aircraft?
- What are the emerging technologies for next-generation VTOL UAS?
- What are the latest UAS payload technologies and initiatives?
These and many other questions will be addressed during this outstanding event.
“Very well organized.”
UAS/RPA Subject Matter Expert, 705th Combat Training Squadron
“A very good lineup of relevant experts”
Deputy Director, Air Force Joint Test Office (AFJO)
“Speaker very good, location good, contacts very good”
Director, New Business Development, HITCO
“Great span of the field, real authorities”
Vice President, Business Development, Space Data Corp
“Broad based perspectives were excellent”
Defense Fellow, U.S. Congress and U.S. Air Force
Over 30 UAS/RPA Experts examine:
- Emerging UAS/RPA Needs & Requirements
•USAF • NAVY • Army • USMC
- Over 15 UAS Program Updates – BAMS, Global Observer, Gray Eagle, LEM-V, Phantom Eye, UCAS, Shadow and more!
- UAS Networking and Collaboration – Manned-Unmanned Teaming and Swarming
- The Latest in UAS Weaponization
Who You Will Meet
Some of the titles who have attended past events
- Presidents/Vice Presidents
- General Managers
- Commanding Officers
- Deputy Directors
- Branch Chiefs
- Research Directors
- Business Development Managers
- Sr . Marketing Managers
- Sr. Managers, Federal Accounts
- Sr. Analysts
- Sales Directors
- Principal Scientists
- Program Managers
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
- Program Analyst
- Aerospace Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Systems Engineers
- Flight Operations Managers
- Test Engineers
- Engineering Leads
Holiday Inn on the Bay
1355 North Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
Attendee accommodations must be arranged directly with the hotel.
Confirmed Speakers for Unmanned Aircraft Systems West include:
- MR. JEREMY BASH, Chief of Staff & Special Assistant to the Secretary of Defense
- MAJ GENERAL MICHAEL NAGATA, USA, Deputy Director for Special Operations, Office of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS/J3)
- MAJOR GENERAL JIM KEFFER, USAF, Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (AF/A2) (invited)
- MAJ GENERAL (SEL) STEVEN BUSBY, USMC, Commanding General, 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing
- BRIG GENERAL ROBERT DYESS, JR., USA, Director, Force Development, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Programs (G-8)(invited)
- BRIG GENERAL LYMAN EDWARDS, JR., USAF, Deputy Director, Strategy, Plans, and Policy Directorate, U.S. Central Command
- BRIG GENERAL KENNETH TODOROV, USAF, Deputy Director, Operations Directorate, U.S. Northern Command
- DR. ALTON ROMIG, JR., Vice President and General Manager, Advanced Development Programs, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
- COLONEL STEVEN PENNINGTON, USAF (ret), Acting Executive Director, DoD Policy Board on Federal Aviation & Director of Bases, Ranges & Airspace
- COLONEL PHIL STEWART, USAF, Commander, 9th Reconnaissance Wing
- COLONEL KIRBY COLAS, USAF, Commander, 163rd Maintenance Group
- CAPTAIN JEFF MYERS, USN, Assistant Program Manager, PMW-120, PEO C4I
- CAPTAIN GREGORY KNIFF, USN, Chief, Joint Reconnaissance Branch (J33), U.S. Special Operations Command (tentative)
- LT. COLONEL JEFF BECKER, USA, Commander, 2nd Battalion, 82nd Aviation Regiment
- COMMANDER AL ANTARAN, USCG, Air Domain, Coast Guard RDT&E (CG-926)
- MR. PAUL SCHAEFFER, Lead, Airborne Sense and Avoid, USAF ASC/WI
- MR. CHUCK JOHNSON, Program Manager, NASA UAS in the NAS, NASA Dryden Flight Research Center
- MR. STEVE MORROW, President and CEO, Insitu
- MR. PATRICK GERAGHTY, Executive Vice President, Strategic Alliances and Business Development, Selex Galileo, Inc.
- BRIG GEN AL PALMER, USAF (ret), Director, UND UAS Center of Excellence
- MR. GEORGE VARDOULAKIS, Director, Tactical Unmanned Aircraft Systems, Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems
- MR. DARREN MOE, Director, Software Engineering, General Atomics
- MR. DAVE KROETSCH, President and Cofounder, Aeryon Labs Inc.
- DR. ROBERT MILLER, President, Leucadia Engineering
- MR. JOHN CARSON, CEO, Irvine Sensors
- MR. ROBERT QUINN, Manager, Unmanned & Security Products Division, Applied Research Associates, Inc.
- MR. BILL DALY, Manager, UAS, Business Development, Lockheed Martin
- MR. PATRICK STOKES, Program Manager, Foxhunt, Boeing
- COLONEL JAMES PICKLE, USAF (ret), Program Manager, Mission Systems and Electronic Payloads, GA-ASI
- MR. BRANDON SUAREZ, Project Engineer, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc.
- MR. PATRICK EGAN, UAS Consultant and Editor in the Field, sUAS News