We proudly present our 7th annual Border Security conference, taking place in Sofia, Bulgaria on the 26th-27th of February 2014
Border control is incredibly challenging particularly when a border runs for thousands of kilometres often through hard and varied terrain. With the added pressure of some borders running through hostile environments steps must be taken to ensure all hazards and any potential threat stays beyond the border and does not penetrate into a nation. Our Border Security Conference will highlight the key emerging efforts of international border control agencies.
- Host nation address from Chief Commissioner Penov, Chief Directorate of Border Police, Bulgaria
- Hear about the case study from Haiti covering cross border criminal activity, and irregular migration
- Brazil’s strategy for protection of port security, and preparations for the upcoming Olympics and World Cup
- Learn the new approaches of the Schengen border security evaluation mechanisms
- Discuss the 21st Century Challenges of Border security for developing countries
- Adriano Baptista, Head of Operations Division, EU Satellite Centre
- Alberto Andreani, Programme Officer, OSCE Chairman-in-Office
- Anderson Fagundes, Port Facility Security Coordinator, Port of Santos
- Andrew Priestley, Business Development Director, Government & Security, ARINC
- Chavdar Ormanov, Osdife President, Associated Professor in Department of Navigation, Technical University - Varna
- Gábor Kovács, EU Twinning Project, Hungarian National Police
- Jacek Wielgus, Business Development Manager, Panasonic Computer Products Europe
- Jon Trumble, Customs Adviser, OSCE Chairman-in-Office
- Jon Vine, Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration
- Malcolm Kell, Independent Consultant
- Marek Adamczyk, Adviser Government Centre for Security, Border Guards
- Mr Zaharin Penov, General Commissioner, Director, Chief Directorate Border Police, Bulgaria
- Neil Hall, AFNI, Assistant Commissioner (Retired
- Peter Waldbauer-Hable, Criminal Police Department, Criminal Police Department
- Petia Karayaneva, Protection Officer, UNHCR
- Petrus Neacsu, Police Chief Commissioner, Romanian Border Police
- Pierre Wuillemin, Head of Biometrics and ID, Swiss Border Police
- Roberto Mugavero, Safety Engeenering Project Manager, University Of Rome 'Tor Vergata'
- Serge Rinkel, Director of Technical Committee, Borderpol
- Tony Migaitoaoal, Specialist officer within the directtorate for Survaeillance and Border Control, Service for Border Crossing Control, Romanian Border Police
- Viorel Gruenwald, Account Manager Balkans, SITA
- Wlodzimierz Ternawski, Chief Expert on Security Matters, P K P Polskie Linie Kolejowe S A
The agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
Keys themes for this year will include;
- Terrorism and Transnational Criminal Organizations
- Emerging Technologies to Address Mission Threats
- Border Enforcement by Land-Air-Sea
- Joint forces Efforts
- Maritime and Port Security
- Border Management in Conflict Zones
- Border Security Big Data
- Integrated Border Management
Who Should Attend
Military and Government
Border Guard; Border Police; Border Patrol; Coast Guard; Customs; Immigration; Homeland Security; Port Security; Aviation Security; Border Agency
Biometrics; security consultants; private security; operations; integrated security solutions; border management; maritime protection; fencing; container scanning; vehicle scanning
Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan
5, Sveta Nedelya Square