Event OverviewSurveillance in the maritime domain is pivotal within the Middle East with high volumes cargo being passed through the Arabian Sea, Indian Ocean and Gulf of Aden. This is a key event to review the latest piracy threats to cargo ships and fisheries. To protect the key trade going through the region the surveillance of these waters is mission critical.
It is down to Naval Forces and Surveillance Teams based at the main Command to secure these waters and allow for safe passage for these important cargo ships to pass through safely. This inaugural Maritime Surveillance Middle East conference & exhibition will bring together senior Naval, Air Force, Coast Guard and Port officials to discuss the latest missions and challenges in the region. There is also a great need to share information on navigation and surveillance systems to help track the threats and the cargo ships travelling through the region.
Taking place in Doha, Qatar who are currently in the midst of building the largest Port in the region at the Port of Doha. This will be the main hub for cargo to be passed through the region, as well as being the main base for the Maritime Security operations of the Qatar Navy.
- Discuss the latest challenges in protecting the maritime domain in the Middle East
- Listen to senior Naval officials on their missions carried out in the region
- Analyse the cooperation between regional Naval Commands at combating piracy in the Gulf State
- Review the latest ISR technologies available for Naval Forces
- Network with 100+ attendees from the Middle East from the public and private sector
VenueInterContinental – The City
Doha, QatarThe agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
- Rear Admiral Ather Mukhtar Si, Director General, Maritime Security Authority, Pakistan
- Major General Ahmad Al-Mulla (Subject to Final Confirmation), Advisor to the Deputy Prime Minister, the Defence Minister, Ministry of Defence, Kuwait
- Captain Hosni Daher, Lebanese Navy
- Commander Ali Hamye, Lebanese Navy
- Commander Amleto Gabellone, Head of Systems Management Department, Italian Navy CIS Centre
- Commander Matthew Harper, Director, Coalition Coordination Center, Combined Maritime Forces, U.S. Naval Forces, Central Command
- Hallvard Flesland, Branch Head NCAGS, NATO Shipping Centre, NATO Maritime Command
- Harry Harper, Port Security Officer, Abu Dhabi Ports Company
- Karen Sumser Lupson, Commissioner, African Maritime Safety and Security Agency (AMSSA)
- Seshadri Vasan, Head Strategy and Security Studies, Center for Asia Studies
- Pierre Haddad, Publisher, The Security Review