Building market leading organisations through a personalised employee experience design and human-first leadership
What if you made your employees feel like superheroes every day? We believe that everyone has superpowers, but in order for an employee to showcase their full potential they need to be empowered, supported, motivated and recognised in pursuing the things they excel at and a little help and guidance in finding work that provides them with a sense of purpose.
At the Employee Experience Forum, we are bringing people leaders from around the globe to empower them to build modern workplaces that are fit for the Age of the Employee, delivering a competitive advantage and attracting talent that will thrive in order to become the next generation of Human-First leaders. Join us this September as we host another 3 days of roundtables, workshops, networking and forums to allow you to flourish in your role as talent advocates.
What's on the agenda?
- Embedding purpose and inclusion into your work culture - How do we integrating purpose and values into Employee Experience to gain a clear sense of direction and boost employee engagement?
- Empowering through digitalisation and connectivity - How do we use technology to reinforce the sense of belonging and facilitate two-way communication and transparency?
- Pioneering wellness and battling burnout - How do we create employee wellness programs to sustain a healthy and efficient organisation in the long run?
- Active listening and impactful feedback actioning - How do we dig deep to identify employee pain points and understand employee's core needs and action feedback to demonstrate progress?
- Raising talent through enhancing individual "superpowers" - How do we personalise learning and development to retain and grow individuals?
- Ben Whitter, Founder & CEO, World Employee Experience Institute (WEEI)
- Bruce Daisley, VP, EMEA, Twitter
- Claude Silver, Chief Heart Officer, VaynerMedia
- Jo Bartnicke, Global Change Manager, People Experience, Unilever
- Magali Demierre, Global Head of Employee Experience, Phillip Morris International
- Kate Faxen, Head of Employee Experience, University College London
- Amy Grieves, Global Director, Employee Experience, GSK
- Jenny Johnstone, Deputy Chief Experience Officer - Employee & Patient Experience, NHS
- Hannah Leach, Director, Employee Experience & Culture, Carnival Group
- Prudence Medford, Head of Employee Engagement & Wellbeing, Jaguar Land Rover
- Kevin Monroe, Host, The Higher Purpose Podcast
- Anna Mouchref, Global HR Business Partner - Supply Chain, Siemens
- Colleen Schuller, VP, Head of Employee Experience, GSK
- Charelle Wigley, Global Head of Employee Health & Wellbeing, Bupa
2019 Workshop Leaders
- Leon Jacob, Employee Experience Design Lead, hkp/// group
- Angelika Reddig, Employee Experience Design, hkp/// group
- Nicole Reidel, Sr Expert, Special Formats & Leadership Development, Digital and Innovation, Deutsche Telekom
- Katharina Wittgens, Managing Director & Business Psychology Consultant, Inovationbubble
- Dominik Wohr, Sr HR Business Partner & Project Manager, HR International, T-Systems International
- 23rd September 2019Conference Day One
- 24th September 2019Conference Day Two
- 25th September 2019
VenueVenue to be confirmed
More information to follow...
Please note: We will never recommend, approve or appoint any third party rooming service to act on our behalf. Please be extremely wary if you are approached by any such companies. We will always strive to negotiate the best available rates for you so please use the Hotel's website link provided.